Built in 1978, by Halter Marine Services Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #697) as the Mister Randy for the Jackson Marine Corporation of Houston, Texas.
The Jackson Marine Corporation was owned by the Halliburton Corporation of Houston, Texas. The company owned a total of ninety vessels. Consisting mainly of offshore tugs, and supply vessels. With some chemical transport and well stimulation vessels.
In 1985, Zapata Marine Service, Gulf Fleet Marine Incorporated, and Jackson Marine Services merged to form Zapata Gulf Marine Service Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1992, Zapata Gulf Marine Incorporated merged with Tidewater Marine Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by Arthur Fournier of the Fournier Towing and Ship Service of Belfast, Maine. Where she was renamed as the Canal Guardian.
In 2005, she was acquired by Global International Marine of Houma, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Apollo.
Powered by two, Caterpillar D-399TA diesel engines. With Reintjes WAV 1400 reduction gears, at a ratio of 5:1. Turning two, 100(in) by 56(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless steel propellers. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 75kW, generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 6/71 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 56,200 gallons of fuel, 5,300 gallons of potable water, and 1,260 gallons of potable water.
Her towing equipment consists of a Skagit DTW 100, double drum towing winch.
(Captain Eric Takakjian, Kyle Stubbs, Captain Patrick Fournier, Captain Brian Fournier)