Built in 1942, by General Ship of East Boston, Massachusetts (hull #403) as the Port Huron for the United States Maritime Commission.
She was one of twenty six tugs built of her type built. In 1942, the tug was transferred to the United States Army. Where she was renamed LTC Herbert L. Kidwell.
The tug was later sold to private owner, where she was renamed as the Port Huron.
She was then acquired by the Dalzell Towing Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzelloch.
In 1963, the Dalzell Towing Towing and Transportation Company renamed the tug as the Dalzellido.
In 1965, the Dalzell Towing Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Joan McAllister.
However, the tug was eventually scrapped. She was originally powered by a single, Alco 5TM, direct reversing, diesel engine. Although in 1963, the tug was repowered. And rebuilt with a single, EMD 16-567C, diesel engine. With a Falk, 21 MB reduction gear at a ratio of 3.96:1. Turning via a 16(in) shaft, a three bladed, 108(in) by 72(in), fixed pitch, propeller. For a rated 1,640 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two 40kW generators driven by two GM4-71 AC + 1 35kW DC engines.
(Bob Beegle, Dave Boone, Harold E. Tartell)