Built in 1953, by Bethlehem Steel of Staten Island, New York (hull #8336) as the tug Binghamton for the Erie Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.
In 1960, the Erie Railroad Company became the Erie Lackawanna Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1973, the tug was acquired by the Independent Pier Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Neptune.
In 1980, the Independent Pier Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Reid McAllister.
In 2004, the tug was reefed of the coast of Savannah, GA.
She was powered by a single, Cleveland 12-178A diesel engine. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,200 horsepower.