Built in 1971, by Houma Welders Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana (hull #26) as the Brett Candies for the Otto Candies Company of Des Allemands, Louisiana.
In 1980, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Sea Gull.
In 1986, she was acquired by White Horse Marine Incorporated of Norfolk, Virginia. Where the tug as renamed as the Pegasus.
In 1989, the tug was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Portland Tugboat and Shipdocking Company of Portland, Maine. Where she was renamed as the Fournier Boys.
In 1992, she was sold and renamed as the Robert J.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by American Workboats Incorporated of Honolulu, Hawaii. Where she was renamed as the American Challenger.
In 2001, she was acquired by Harley Marine Services Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the James T. Quigg.
Rebuilt in 1998, the tug is driven by two EMD 12-645E2 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAB 1641 reduction gears, at a ratio of 5.00:1. Turning two, 117(in) by 88(in), four bladed, fixed pitch, stainless, steel propellers. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 75kW generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 6-71 diesel engines. Her capacities are 73,264 gallons of fuel oil, 1,789 gallons of lube oil, and 4,000 gallons of water.
The tug's towing gear consists of a Markey, TDSD28, double drum, towing winch. Outfitted with 1,800 (ft) of 1.75(in) towing wire. Driven by a single, Detroit Diesel 6V71 diesel engine.
(Captain Brian Fournier)