Built in 1938, by Dafoe Shipyard Incorporated of Bay City, Michigan (hull #161) as the Thomas E. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YN-46 (Namontack). And, placed into service on March 18th, 1941. Where she was allocated to the New York Navy Yard at New York, New York.
On May 1st, 1942 the tug was allocated to the Commandant of the 5th Naval District at Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was redesignated as the YNT-14 (Namontack). Later that year, she was redesignated as the YTB-738 (Namontack). And on August 21st, 1946 she was placed out of service.
In 1947, the tug was returned the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed Thomas E. Moran.
In 1947, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Harriet Moran.
In 1975, she was acquired by Eklof Marine Corporation Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Viking.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by Georgetown Towing Incorporated of Georgetown, South Carolina. Where she was renamed as the Georgetown.
In 1999, Georgetown Towing Incorporated was acquired by McAllister Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Sharon Elizabeth
In 2005, the tug was acquired by the Zenith Tugboat Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she was renamed as the Statesboro.
In 2006, she was acquired by Busch Marine Services Incorporated of Freeland, Michigan. Where initially the tug retained her name.
In 2007, Busch Marine Services renamed the tug as the Barbara Merry Busch.
However, she is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was powered by a single, Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine. For a rated 1,000 horsepower.
(NavSource Online, Todd Shorkey)