Built in 1938, by Dafoe Shipyard of Bay City, Michigan (hull #161) as the as Thomas E. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YN-46 (Namontack). Where she placed into service on March 18th, 1941. And, allocated to the New York Navy Yard at New York, New York.
On May 1st, 1942 the tug was allocated to the Commandant of the 5th Naval District at Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was redesignated as the YNT-14. And, then as the YTB 738. However on August 21st, 1946 she was placed out of service.
In 1947, the tug was returned the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed Thomas E. Moran. Although, she was later renamed as the Harriet Moran.
In 1975, she was acquired by the Wallin Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Viking.
In 1993, the tug was acquired by Georgetown Towing Incorporated of Georgetown, South Carolina. Where the tug was renamed as the Georgetown.
In 1999, Georgetown Towing Incorporated was acquired by McAllister Towing and Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Sharon Elizabeth
In 2005, the tug was acquired by the Zenith Tugboat Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Where she was renamed as the Statesboro.
In 2006, she was acquired by Busch Marine Services of Freeland, Michigan. Where initially the tug retained her name.
In 2007, Busch Marine Services renamed the tug as the Barbara Merry Busch. However, she is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. Powered by a single Cleveland 12-278A diesel engine.
(NavSource Online, Todd Shorkey)