Built in 1943, by the Odenbach Shipbuilding Company of Rochester, New York (hull #13) as the Y-38 for the United States Army.
In 1946, she was transferred to the United States Navy. And, redesignated as the YO-287.
She was then acquired by Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York where she was renamed as the Franklin Reinauer II.
The vessel is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was powered by a single, six cylinder, 354kW, 255(mm), Fairbanks Morse engine.