Built in 1957, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull# 372) as the W.R. Coe for Virginian Railroad Company of Norfolk, Virginia.
Originally the tug was to be named the Virginian. However, the name was changed prior to her launching, and delivery.
She was named for William Robertson Coe (June 8th, 1869 – March 15th, 1955.) Who was an insurance, railroad, and business executive. Coe served on the Board of Directors of the Virginian Railroad Company from 1910, until his death in 1955.
In 1959, the Virginian Railroad Company merged with the Norfolk Western Railway Company of Roanoke, Virginia. Where the tug was renamed as the R.B. Claytor.
In 1970, she was acquired by the Boston Fuel Transportation Company of Boston, Massachusetts. A division of the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Karen Tibbetts.
In 1997, the Boston Fuel Transportation Company renamed the tug as the Ethel Tibbetts.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by Breakwater Marine Construction Company of Oyster Bay, New York. Where she was renamed as the Deborah Quinn.
In 2016, the Breakwater Marine Construction Company renamed the tug as the W.R. Coe.
Powered by a single, Cleveland 16-278A diesel electric engine. She is a single screw tug, rated at 1,500 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Tom Rooney)