Built in 1938, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #131) as the as the Paratex for the Gulf Oil Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
In 1975, the vessel was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Bert Reinauer II.
She was assigned to the Reinauer Transportation subsidiary, the Boston Fuel Transportation Company of East Boston, Massachusetts.
In 2002, she was scrapped. The vessel was a single screw tanker, rated at 2,000 horsepower.