Built in 1944, by Todd Shipyards of Galveston, Texas (hull #110) as the Sequatchie a T-1-M-A2 Tanker for the U.S. Maritime Commission.
She was later reclassified as the AOG 21 a T-1 tanker. T-1 tankers were small product carriers, designed to carry gasoline. Almost all of them went to either the United States Navy, as AOGs, or to Britain, for service in a similar role. Many of those under construction at the end of the war were sold immediately.
In 1946, she was sold and renamed as the Royston.
In 1948, she was sold, lengthened and renamed as the Otco Bayway.
In 1966, she was acquired by Boston Fuel Transportation of Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Ethel Tibbets.
In 1975, she was sold and renamed as the Metro Landry No. 1.
She was scuttled in 1979.