Built in 1944, by East Coast Shipyards (hull #15) as the AOG 33 (Ochlockonee) for the United States Navy.
She entered service on the 29th of December 1944. Built as a T-1 tanker, a small product carrier, designed to carry gasoline. Almost all of that where built went to either the U.S. Navy, as AOGs, or to Britain, for service in a similar role. Many units that were under construction at the end of the World War II were sold.
In 1947, she was sold, and renamed as the Tycol.
She was lengthened in 1949.
In 1958, she was acquired by Getty Petroleum of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Newark Getty.
In 1959, she was acquired by Poling Brothers Transportation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Poling Bros. No. 10.
In 1967, she was acquired by Texaco Marine Beaumont, Texas. Where she was renamed as Texaco No. 10.
In 1969, she was reacquired by Poling Brothers Transportation and was returned to the name Poling Bros. No. 10.
In 1974, she was renamed as the John P. Albans.
In 1974, she was acquired by Boston Fuel Transportation of Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Vincent Tibbetts.
In 2001, she was reefed off New Jersey.