Built in 1953, by Jakobson Shipyard Incorporated of Oyster Bay, New York (hull #343) as the Marion for the Erie Lackawanna Railroad Company of New York, New York.
In 1978, the tug was acquired by Crescent Towing Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where she was renamed as the Marion Smith.
In 1979, she was acquired by the New York Dock and Railroad Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Brooklyn III.
In 1979, the New York Dock and Railroad Company renamed the tug as the New York.
In 1989, the tug was acquired by the Boston Fuel Transportation Company of Boston, Massachusetts (a subsidiary of the Reinauer Transportation Company of Staten Island, New York.). Where she was renamed as the Pleon.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by the Eastport Port Authority of Eastport, Maine. Where she retained her name.
In 2004, the tug was acquired by an individual named Richard James Ryan of Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug retained her name. However, she was scrapped at New Bedford, Massachusetts.
She was powered by a single, Cleveland 12-278A diesel electric engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Jordan Spreader)