Built in 2006, by Marinette Marine Corporation of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin (hull #0810) as the Brandywine for the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
An ATLANTIC III class Articulated Tug and Barge. She was the first ATB constructed for the Vane Brothers Company. The unit was designed by Robert Hill of Ocean Tug and Barge Engineering of Milford, Massachusetts.
Named for Brandywine Creek, also referred to as the Brandywine River. Which is a tributary of the Christina River in southeastern Pennsylvania and northern Delaware.
The Lower Brandywine is 20.4 miles long, and is a designated Pennsylvania Scenic River with several tributary streams. The East Branch and West Branch of the creek originate within 2 miles of each other on the slopes of Welsh Mountain in Honey Brook Township, Pennsylvania about 20 miles northwest of their confluence.
The mouth of the creek on the Christina River in Wilmington, Delaware. But, was the site of the New Sweden Colony, where colonists first landed on March 29, 1638.
Powered by two, EMD GML12-710G7B diesel engines. With Reintjes WAF 3455 HL/HR reduction gears. Turning two, Rolls Royce, stainless steel, fixed pitch, propellers. For a rated 6,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 99kW Marathon generator sets. With a third auxiliary 99kW generator set. The tug's capacities are 135,875 gallons of fuel, 4,077 gallons of lube oil, 19,995 gallons of fresh water, and 23,294 gallons of ballast.
Outfitted with an INTERcon coupler system. The Brandywine is married to the 137,500(bbl), double hulled, barge the Double Skin 141. That was built simultaneously in 2006, by the Manitowoc Marine Group of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin for the Vane Brothers Company.