Built in 1944, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Broolyn, New York (hull #553) as the YN 533 for the United States Navy.
In 1944, she was redesignated as the YO-167.
In 1945, she was assigned to 15th Naval District San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In 1965, she was renamed the Jet Trader. (It is unclear when she was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York and if Eklof Marine renamed her.)
In 1993, the Eklof Marine Corporation was acquired by K-Sea Transportation of Staten Island, New York where the unit retained her name.
As a result of OPA '90 regulations that prohibited the transport of petroleum products by single skin vessels; the Jet Trader was placed in "lay up" at Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island, New York.
On September 2nd 2005, She was reefed off of Atlantic City.
She was powered by a single Detroit 12 - 149 engine with a Twin Disc reduction gear for a rated 1,800 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by a pair of Detroit Two 71 generators rated at 20 kW generating 120 volts and 167 amps on the port side and Detroit Two 71 20 engines driving a Lima generator rated at 120/125 volts and 167 amps on the starboard side.
For cargo operations she was outfitted with a Detroit Three 71 engine driving a Delco generator producing 30 kW 37.5 KVA generating 120/240 volts 90 amps at 60 cycles. She had two Detroit Six 71 engine driving a deep well 1800 Byron Jackson cargo pump with a capacity of 2,160 gallons per minute.