Built in 1943, by Levingston Shipbuilding of Orange, Texas (hull #283) as the ATR-47 for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on November 27th, 1942. The tug was launched on January 3rd, 1943. And, she was delivered to the United States Navy and Commissioned August 12th, 1943.
On May 15th, 1944, the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the ATA-125. During World War II. The ATA-125. was assigned to the Europe-Africa-Middle East Theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy on June 6th to June 25th, 1944. And, the invasion of Southern France on August 15th to August 25th, 1944.
It is unknown when the tug was decommissioned. However, on December 24th, 1945 the tug was sold to an undisclosed buyer.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Joseph H. Moran II.
In 1949, the tug was acquired by the South American Towing Group. Where she was renamed as the Dragon.
In 1953, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Joseph H. Moran II.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by Bureau Wijsmuller NV, of IJmuiden, Holland. Where she was renamed as the Utrecht.
In 1968, she was acquired by the French Navy where she was renamed as the Hippopotame. And in 1985, the tug was sunk as part of a training target by French Navy near Tahiti.
Powered by a single General Motors 12-278A diesel electric engine. With a single single Fairbanks Morse Main Reduction Gear. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller.
Her electrical service was provided by one 60kW diesel driven, 120V generator. And, one 30kW diesel drive 120V generator.