Built in 1941, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Beaumont, Texas (hull #248) as the Thomas E. Moran for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1941, she was requisition to the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YTM-187 (Canonicus). Where she was and allocated to the 1st Naval District.
In 1947, the tug was reacquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Mary Moran.
In 1974, she was sold as the Marie A.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 950 horsepower.