Built in 1948, by Gulfport Shipbuilding of Port Arthur, Texas (hull #326) as the McCune.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by the Steers Sand and Gravel Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the J. Rich Steers.
In 1986, she was acquired by the Newport Oil Company of Newport, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the J.T. O'Connell.
In 1987, the Newport Oil Company was later acquired by SeaBoats Incorporated of Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Where the tug was renamed as the King Philip.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the River Parishes Company of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug was renamed as the Jefferson.
In 2007, the River Parishes Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Corporation of New Canaan, Connecticut. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2010, she was acquired by Overseas Logistics Maritime of Metairie, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2011, the tug was acquired by the L.R. Maritime Company of Richmond, Virginia. Where she retained her name. However, the tug was transferred to operations in Columbia, South America. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,800 horsepower.
(Roger Francis, Tom Rush)