Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
ELLEN F. McALLISTER (1904)
Photo by: Captain Brian Fournier

Built in 1904, by the Burlee Dry Dock Company of Port Richmond; Staten Island, New York as the Nanuet for the Erie Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.

In 1954, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Ellen F. McAllister.

In 1973, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where she was renamed as the Ellen F.

Originally built as a steam tug. In 1956, she was dieselized to 1,080 horsepower by McAllister Towing. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,080 horsepower. The tug's current and or final disposition is unknown.
(Captain Brian Fournier)


  • Vessel Name: ELLEN F. McALLISTER (1904)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 200930
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: Burlee Dry Dock Co.
  • Year Built: 1904
  • Length: 93.1
  • Hull Depth: 12.3
  • Hull Breadth: 25.0
  • Gross Tonnage: 231
  • Net Tonnage: 157
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    NANUET, ELLEN F. McALLISTER, ELLEN F.
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Erie Railroad Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co., Penobscot Bay Towing Co.