Built in 1915, By the Staten Island Shipbuilding Company of Port Richmond Staten Island, New York as Charles P. Crawford for Erie Railroad Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.
On May 8th, 1917 the tug was commissioned by the United States Navy as the SP-366 for Minesweeping and Towing. She was outfitted with two one pound guns.
On August 12th, 1919 the tug was sold and renamed as the Akron.
She was then acquired by C.G. Willis where she was renamed as the Carteret.
The tug was eventually acquired by Tucker Transportation of Camden, New Jersey. For the Oliver Transportation work. Where she was renamed as the Margaret after the Express Marine Incorporated family matriarch.
She was later acquired by Moorhead City Towing of Moorehead City, North Carolina. However she was eventually sunk as an artificial reef.
Powered by double compound steam engine, rated 700 horspower, with 155psi scotch boiler. However, the tug was later repowered with a single EMD diesel rated a 1,200 horsepower.