Built in 1915, by the Stone and Van Bergen Boat Yard of Oakland, California as the Crowley No. 20 for the Crowley Launch and Tugboat Company of San Francisco, California.
The tug was then acquired by Lillico Launch and Towboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Lillico No. 20.
She was later sold. Where she was renamed as the Adolph J.
In 1940, the tug was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YMT-17.
In 1946, the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the YT-480.
In 1947, the tug was transferred to the United States Maritime Commission. Where she was redesignated as the Ranger.
Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 100 horsepower.