Built in 1996, by Halter Marine Services Incorporated of Escatawpa, Mississippi (hull #131) as the Mamo for the Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company of Honolulu, Hawaii. A division of the Young Brothers Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 2013, the Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company, and the Young Brothers Company. Were absorbed into the Foss Marine Holdings Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.
Powered by two, Caterpillar 3512B diesel engines. With Ulstien 1350-H z drives. For a rated 3,400 horsepower.
Her deck equipment consists of a Burrard HE hydraulic line winch. Outfitted with 300(ft) of 10(in) nylon line. With a 60(in) by 6.5(in) pendent.