Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
NORMAN O. (1970)
Photo by: Kyle Stubbs

Built in 1970, by Alabina Machine and Engine Works of Portland, Oregon (hull #418) as the Duncan Foss for Foss Launch and Tug of Tacoma, Washington.

In 2005, the tug was acquired by Olson Marine Incorporated of Ward Cove, Alaska. Where she was renamed as the Norman O.

In 2018, the tug was traded to the Brusco Tug and Barge Company of Longview, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Belinda Brusco.

Powered by two, Caterpillar diesel engines. Turning two, stainless steel 72(in) diameter by 50/54(in) pitch. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 1,500 horsepower.

The tug's capacities are 20,000 gallons of fuel, and 1,500 gallons of potable water.

Her towing gear consists of a Foss towing winch, mounted on her bow. And, an Almon Johnson towing winch outfitted with 1,600(ft) 1 3/8(in) towing wire.


  • Vessel Name: NORMAN O. (1970)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 525967
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDK7413
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 418
  • Ship Builder: ALBINA MACHINE & ENGINE WORKS
  • Year Built: 1970
  • Length: 66.7
  • Hull Depth: 24
  • Hull Breadth: 8
  • Gross Tonnage: 96
  • Net Tonnage: 65
  • Owner:
    Brusco Tug & Barge, Inc.
    P.O. Box 1576
    548 14th Ave
    Longview, WA 98632
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    DUNCAN FOSS, NORMAN O.
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    FOSS MARITIME COMPANY, OLSON MARINE INC, OLSON MARINE INC