Built in 1964, by the Equitable Equipment Company of Madsionville, Louisiana (hull #1347) as the Cabo Rojo for Crowley Marine Services Incorporated of San Francisco, California.
In 1996, the tug was acquired by Captain Christopher Roehrig of the Roehrig Maritime Company of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Diane E. Roehrig.
In 1998, the Roehrig Maritime Company renamed the tug as the Brandon C. Roehrig. Named for the Roehrig Maritime Company's founder, and owner Captain Christopher Roehrig's nephew.
In 1998, the tug's original Caterpillar D-398 diesel engines were removed. And, the tug was re powered with two, Caterpillar 3512B diesel engines. During her repowering, the Roehrig Maritime Company outfitted the tug with a single drum, hydraulic, towing machine, outfitted with 1,550(ft) of 1.5(in) towing wire. As well as an upper wheelhouse.
In 2007, the Roehrig Maritime Company was acquired by the K-Sea Transportation Partnership Incorporated of East Brunswick, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the Solomon Sea.
In 2011, the K-Sea Transportation Partnership Incorporated was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2013, the tug was acquired by the DonJon Marine Company of Hillside, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Emily Ann.
Powered by two, Caterpillar 3512B diesel engines. With Haley DRV-1711 reduction gears, at a ratio of 6:1. Turning two, bronze, five bladed, 94(in) by 55(in), fixed pitch propellers. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 40kW generator sets. The tug's capacities are 32,000 gallons of fuel, 495 gallons of lube oil, and 4,724 gallons of water.
(Captain Christopher Roehrig, Captain William Sullivan)