Built in 1909, by Willamette Iron and Steel of Portland, Oregon as the Captain Gregory Barnett for the United States Army.
In 1918, the tug was sold and renamed as the Gordon.
In 1936, she was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Mathilda Foss.
In 1943, the tug was requisitioned for service where she was designated as the YT 336 (Skenandoa) and placed in service to the United States Navy.
In 1946, she was returned to Foss and was renamed again as the Mathilda Foss.
In 1978, the tug was sold and renamed as the Roxanne. The tug sank later that year.