Built in 1942, by Puget Sound Bridge and Dredging of Seattle, Washington as the YTL 362 (hull #24) for the United States Navy.
In 1961, the tug was acquired by Foss Tug and Launch of Tacoma, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Roger Foss.
In 1976, she was acquired by the Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company of Long Beach, California. Where she was renamed as the San Jacinto.
Pacific Towboat and Salvage operated as a component of the Dillingham Corporation of Seattle, Washington. As part of a restructuring in 1986, along with all other Dillingham maritime transportation operations, the company was placed under the Foss Maritime umbrella.
In 1987, Foss Maritime and its subsidiaries were acquired by Saltchuk Resources Incorporated of Seattle, Washington.
In 1988, the tug was acquired by Boat Service, Inc of Newport Beach, California and restored as a private yacht. Where she was renamed as the William B.
On October 31, 2015, the tug caught fire and sank while moored near Newport Harbor Yacht Club in Newport Beach, California. She was listed as a total loss and was later salvaged. She is currently laid-up at San Pedro, California awaiting potential restoration.
She is a single-screw tug powered by a CAT D-348 diesel, for a rated 725 horsepower.