Built in 1943, by RTC Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #138) as the Geo. Whitlock II for Spentonbush Fuel Transport Service, Incorporated of Brooklyn, New York.
In 1990, she was acquired by the Eklof Marine Corporation of Staten Island, New York where she was renamed as the Reliable II.
In 1993, the Eklof Marine Corporation was acquired by K-Sea Transportation of Staten Island, New York where she retained her name.
When the Oil Pollution Act of 1990, regulations prohibited the transport of petroleum products by single skin vessels the unit was placed in "lay up" at Mariner's Harbor in Staten Island, New York.
The unit was single screw rated at 805 horsepower.
She was eventually scrapped in 2005.