Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
ELIZABETH ANNE (1980)
Photo by: Marc Piche

Built in 1980, by Turn Ship Limited of LaRose, Louisiana (hull #1) as the Mr. Wade.

In 1990, she was acquired by the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where the tug was as the Elizabeth Anne. She was the first tug owned by the Vane Brothers Company.

The company rebuilt, and refurbished at Allied Shipyard in LaRose, Louisiana. Upon the completion of the renovations. The Vane Brothers Company rechristened the tug, named for the Vane Brothers Company's Vice President Elizabeth Anne Hughes.

In 2014, she was removed from service. And, donated for use as a training platform to the United States Merchant Marine Academy at King's Point, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

Powered by two, Detroit Diesel diesel engines. She is a twin screw tug, rated at 800 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: ELIZABETH ANNE (1980)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 629933
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 8987084
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDD9654
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 1
  • Ship Builder: TURN SHIP, LTD
  • Year Built: 1980
  • Length: 60
  • Hailing Port: KINGS POINT, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 8.9
  • Hull Breadth: 23
  • Gross Tonnage: 113
  • Net Tonnage: 77
  • Owner:
    THE USMMA SAILING FOUNDATION INC
    YOCUM SAILING CENTER 300 STEAMBOAT ROAD
    KINGS POINT, NY 11024-1699
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    MR. WADE, ELIZABETH ANNE
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    VANE LINE BUNKERING INC, VANE LINE BUNKERING INC