Built in 1957, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Staten Island, New York (hull# 8514) as the Hoboken for the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad Company of Lackawanna, New Jersey.
In 1973, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Catherine McAllister.
In 1981, the McAllister Brothers Towing Company renamed the tug as the Eric M. McAllister. Named for Eric M. McAllister, the son of McAllister Towing Chairman Captain Brian McAllister.
In 2011, the tug was phased out of service, and was scrapped.
Originally rated at 1,200 horsepower. The tug was repowered in 1981. With a single, GE 7FDL diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 3,000 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Brian Fournier)