Built in 1898, by Neafie and Levy of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Alfred W. Booth for the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1902, the tug was acquired by the United States War Department. Where she was designated as the General Gillespie.
In 1902, the tug was transferred to the United States Enrichment Corporation. Where initially, the tug retained her name. However, the United States Enrichment Corporation later renamed the tug as the Morganza.
She is no longer listed in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.