Built in 1888, by John H. Dialogue and Son of Camden, New Jersey (hull #279) as the Mercer for the Pennsylvania Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1936, the tug was acquired by the Amboy Tugboats Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the St. Lawrence.
In 1948, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Antrim.
The tug was then acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1958, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.