Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
ARAL

Built in 1892, by Neafie and Levy Ship and Engine Building Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (hull #853) as the Eva M. Wall.

However, she was later sold. Where she was renamed as the J.S.W. Holton.

The tug was later acquired by the P.F. Martin Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Aral.

In 1948, the P.F. Martin Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name

In 1958, the tug was acquired by the Southwest Towing Company of Channelview, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Southwest Bell.

However, she was later sold and renamed as the Rooster. The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 150 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: ARAL
  • USCG Doc. No.: 136345
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Hull Number: 853
  • Ship Builder: Neafie & Levy Ship & Engine Building Company
  • Year Built: 1892
  • Length: 68.7
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 7.4
  • Hull Breadth: 16.6
  • Gross Tonnage: 62
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Eva M. Wall, J.S.W. Holton, Aral, Southwest Bell, Rooster
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    P.F. Martin Co., McAllister Brothers Towing Co., Southwest Towing Co.