Built in 1873, at East Boston, Massachusetts as the Atlantic for the United States Coast Guard.
The tug was later acquired by the United States Quartermaster Corps. Where she retained her name.
In 1898, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1921, she went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown.