Built in 1942, by the Besalt Rock Company of Napa, California (hull #40) as the BARS-2 for the United States Maritime Commission.
Her keel was laid down on February 21st, 1942. She was launched on September 7th, 1942 and assigned to the Royal Navy on May 20th 1943. This was under terms of the Lend Least Act. Where she was renamed as the Cambrian Salvor (0361). She was officially placed into service under the Royal Navy on July 1st 1943. Where she was assigned to the Commonwealth Salvage Board as a salvage and repair ship in Papa, New Guinea.
On September 2nd 1945, she was turned over to Australia, under a lend lease agreement. However, on August 5th, 1948 she was sold to Australia. Her title was transferred October 12th, 1948. It us unknown when she was placed out of service by the Australian Navy.
In 1958, the tug was sold for merchant service. Where she was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. A subsidiary of McAllister Towing of New York, New York. To become McAllister Towing Limited of Montreal. Where tug tug retained her name.
In 1962, she was sold. Where she was renamed renamed as the Caribische Zee. In 1963, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Collinsea. In 1971, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Francois C. In 1981, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Ras Deira.
In 1981, the tug was scrapped.
Powered by two, Cooper Bessemerr, diesel electric engines. With two, Fairbanks Morse main reduction gears. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service was provided by two diesel drive 200kW/120V DC generator, and one diesel drive 60Kw 120V D.C.
(NavSource Online, H.T. Lenton, J. J. Colledge, Robert Hurst)