Built in 1904, by Caledonian Iron Works of Montreal, Quebec, Canada as the Ste. Therese.
In 1959, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Where she was renamed as the Captain M.B. Donnelly. Named after the owner of the Donnelly Wrecking and Towing of Kingston, British Columbia, Canada.
Island Tug and Barge Limited would later become McAllister Towing Limited of Montreal. A subsidiary of the McAllister Towing Company of New York, New York.
In 1969, the tug was converted to a salvage barge. Where she was renamed as the H.C.M No. 18. She was a single screw tug, rated at 230 horsepower.