Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
CARD BOYS

Built in 1920, by Vinyard Shipbuilding of Milford, Delaware as the Lightning for the United States Shipping Board.

The tug was later acquired by the Card Towing Company of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the Card Boys.

In 1944, the Card Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1950, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 750 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: CARD BOYS
  • USCG Doc. No.: 219822
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: Vinyard Shipbuilding
  • Year Built: 1920
  • Length: 94.2
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 13.2
  • Hull Breadth: 24.8
  • Gross Tonnage: 183
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Lightning
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    US Shipping Board, Card Towing Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.