Built in 1919, by Eastern Shore Shipbuilding of Sharptown, Maryland as the Vulcan 1 for the United States Shipping Board.
She was later transferred to the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YT-56.
The tug was later acquired by the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Seneca.
In 1942, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Catherine McAllister.
In 1960, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 750 horsepower.