Built in 1878, by Neafie and Levy of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Transfer No. 1 for the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad Company of New York, New York.
In 1913, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Charles D. McAllister.
In 1913, she went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 350 horsepower.