Built in 1942, by the Calumet Shipyard and Drydock Company of Chicago, Illinois (hull #137) as the Port Byron for the United States Maritime Commission.
In 1942, the tug was transferred to the United States Army. Where she was designated as the LT-113.
In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Dalzellaird.
In 1965, the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1970's, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated 1,050 horsepower.