Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
DALZELLATOM

Built in 1943, by Consolidated Shipbuilding of Morris Heights, New York (hull #DPC-84) as the DPC-84 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.

In 1945, the tug was acquired by W.R. Grace and Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Grace No. 3.

In 1956, she was acquired by the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzellatom.

In 1965, the Dalzell Towing and Transportation Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1969, the tug was acquired by the Gowanus Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Gowanus.

In the 1980's, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: DALZELLATOM
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0224071
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: DPC-84
  • Ship Builder: Consolidated Shipbuilding
  • Year Built: 1943
  • Length: 81.1
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 9.8
  • Hull Breadth: 24.0
  • Gross Tonnage: 146
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    DPC-84, Grace No. 3, Dalzellatom, Gowanus
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United State Defense Plant Corp., W.R. Grace and Co., Dalzell Towing and Transportation (New Haven Transport Co.), McAllister Bros. Towing Co., Gowanus Towing Co.