Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
DALZELLEA

Built in 1944, by Ira S. Bushey and Sons of Brooklyn, New York (hull #536) as the DPC-55 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.

In 1945, the tug was acquired by W.R. Grace and Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Grace No. 2.

In 1956, she was acquired by Dalzell Towing and Transportation (New Haven Transport Company) of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Dalzellea.

In 1965, Dalzell Towing was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Company Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1967, the tug was acquired by the Chrisnick Marine Corporation of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Chrisnick.

In 1988, she was reacquired by the McAllister Brother Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Thomas H. McAllister

In 1995, she was scuttled. The tug was single screw, rated at 700 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: DALZELLEA
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0244068
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 06519651
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WK5429
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 536
  • Ship Builder: IRA S BUSHEY & SONS INC
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 81.1
  • Hailing Port: NORFOLK, VA.
  • Hull Depth: 9.8
  • Hull Breadth: 24
  • Gross Tonnage: 146
  • Net Tonnage: 99
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    DPC-55, Grace No. 2, Delzellea, Chrisnick, Thomas H. McAllister
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Defense Plant Corporation, DPC, W.R. Grace and Company, Dalzell Towing and Transportation Co. (New Haven Transport Co.), McAllister Bros. Towing Co., Chrisnick Marine Corporation, MCALLISTER FEEDER LINES, INC, MCALLISTER FEEDER LINES, INC