Built in 1949, by RTC Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #188) as the Newark for the Pennsylvania Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The tug was later acquired by Seabrook Towing Incorporated of Charleston, South Carolina. Where she was renamed as the Lewis G. Seabrook.
In 1987, Seabrook Towing Incorporated was acquired by the McAllister Brother Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2011, the tug was acquired by Ocean Barges and Tug Logistics. A subsidiary of the Transzone Shipping Service of Port Au Prince, Haiti. Where she was renamed as the Captain Frank.
Originally powered by a single, steam powered 1,300 horsepower Skinner Uniflow engine. She was later repowered with two, Fairbanks Morse 38 D-8 1/8, diesel electric engines. She was a twin screw tug, fitted with kort nozzles For a rated at 4,000 horsepower.