Built in 1956, by Main Iron Works of Houma, Louisiana as the Albert Cenac for Cenac Marine Services of Houma, Louisiana.
The tug was later acquired by the Gulf Florida Terminal Corporation of Panama City, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the John C.
In 1968, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Dennis McAllister.
In 1970, she was acquired by the Southeastern Leasing Corporation of Boston, Massachusetts. Where the tug was renamed as the Ernest M.
In 1982, the tug went out of documentation. Her current and or final disposition is unknown. She was rated at 1,000 horsepower.