Built in 1966, by Avondale Shipyards of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #1109) as the Ben Candies for the Otto Candies Company of Des Allemands, Louisiana.
In 1977, the tug was leased. Where she was renamed as the Krystal K. Peterson.
In 1978, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Marianne McAllister.
In 2014, the tug was acquired by interests based in Guyana. Where the tug was renamed as the Marianne Guy.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645-CE2, diesel engines. With Lufkin reduction gears, at a ratio of 4.83:1. She was a twin screw tug rated at 3,600 horsepower.
Her capacities were 114,000 gallons of fuel oil, 2,200 gallons of lube oil and 5,000 gallons of potable water.
The tug was fitted with two fire monitors rated at 1,000 Gallons Per Minute. Her towing gear consisted of a Markey, double drum, towing winch. Equipped with 2,000(ft) of 2(in) towing wire.