Built in 1920, by A.C. Brown and Son of Tottenville, New York as the Socony 28 for the Socony Vacum Oil Company of New York, New York.
The tug was later acquired by the Card Towing of Norfolk, Virginia. Where she was renamed as the E.M. Card.
In 1944, the Card Towing Company was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1945, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 600 horsepower.