Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
FISHER NO. 15

Built in 1871, by Cramp Shipbuilding of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the Emily.

In 1944, the vessel was acquired by the Fisher Towboat Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Fisher No. 15. Originally steam-powered, and operated as a passenger vessel, she was re-powered and modified for towing.

In 1955, she was acquired by McAllister Brothers Towing of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1956, the tug was acquired by the Daniels Oil Company of Manteo, North Carolina. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1962, the tug was acquired by Maritime Salvage of Norfolk, Virginia, where the tug retained her name.

She was later acquired by Sadler Towing of Norfolk, where the tug retained her name.

In 1973, the tug was scrapped.

She was a single screw tug, rated at 165 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: FISHER NO. 15
  • USCG Doc. No.: 0087410
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: IRON
  • Ship Builder: Cramp Shipbuilding
  • Year Built: 1871
  • Length: 59.5
  • Hull Depth: 6.4
  • Hull Breadth: 13.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 32
  • Net Tonnage: 14
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Emily, Fisher No. 15
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Fisher Towboat Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co., Daniels Oil Co., Maritime Salvage Co., Sadler Towing Co.