Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
G.M. McALLISTER (1925)

Built by in 1925, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Elizabethport, New Jersey as the Hobart for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.

In 1947, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the G.M. McAllister.

In 1964, she was dismantled. She was single screw, rated at 800 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: G.M. McALLISTER (1925)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 224509
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: BETHLEHEM STEEL COMPANY
  • Year Built: 1925
  • Length: 95.4
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 13.0
  • Hull Breadth: 25.4
  • Gross Tonnage: 199
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Hobart
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Lehigh Valley Railroad Co., McAllister Bros. Towing Co.