Built in 1906, by the Delaware River Iron Shipbuilding and Engine Works Company of Chester, Pennsylvania (hull #335) as the General G.M. Sorrel for the Ocean Steamship Company of Savannah, Georgia.
In 1948, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the McAllister Brothers.
In 1951, the tug was chartered to the Stanwood Towing Company of Stanwood, Michigan. Where she was renamed as the North American.
In 1969, she was acquired by Captain John Selvick of Chicago, Illinois. Where she was renamed as the Lauren Castle.
In 1980, while towing the SS Amoco Wisconsin from Omena Bay, Michigan to Traverse City, Michigan. The tug sunk after being "tripped" by her tow, near Cat Head Point on Lake Michigan. She was a single screw tug, rated at 800 horsepower.