Built in 1904, by A.D. Story of Essex, Massachusetts as the Helen M. Field for the J. Arbuckle Company.
She was later acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1916, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Limalite. Later that year however, the tug was lost.