Built in 1944, at Tacoma, Washington.
In 1960, the tug was acquired by Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. A subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal. Where the tug was renamed as the Island Champion.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer in documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown.