Built in 1954, by Allied Shipbuilding of North Vancouver British Columbia as the Island Comet for Island Tug and Barge Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia.
In 1960, Island Tug and Barge became a subsidy of McAllister Towing Limited Montreal of Montreal.
In 1969, Island Tug and Barge Limited was acquired by Genstar Limited of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where the tug initially retained her name.
The tug was later sold, where she was renamed as the Glenayre. She was eventually acquired by Coast Marine Services of Vancouver, British Columbia. Where she was renamed as the Delta Fox. The tug was single screw, rated at 208 horsepower.